Sunday, July 03, 2005

Will Vacerro

Disclaimer: While talking to a guy friend about a 2 year old I played with on July 2nd at the beach, I found it amusing to note at the end of the converstaion, that he had mistaken me for talking about a GUY, when I said "I met this cute kid..."
I slowly descended the grainy concrete steps from the boardwalk down to the beach, where I had watched him standing, pensively absorbing the horizen. Cautiously stepping onto the sand behind him I gently scratched his back and asked his name. His face fell upon mine as his eyes filled with ethereal light. I was swept up in the gaze, I was lost- pulled under- almost like his little plastic shovel which had caught in the swift ocean currents and drifted out of sight. Pulling him close to tickle him...............You lied Will!! You're not 3!!!! You're just 2-you lied to me Will....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home