Thursday, June 16, 2005

Beauty is Truth

Ergo Sum,
Are you saying that when you feel or experience something beautiful it liberates you? Because if you are then I am not disagreeing with you. What I am saying is that, more fully, it tortures and fulfills. When the beautiful moment is infused with the awareness of its termination, or, what I mean is, if I have an awareness not only of the present, but unify every experience with the past and relate it to the future...having not a one-dimensional experience: 3-Dimensional it will be a combination of many experiences, bliss, sadness, expectancy, loss, ecstasy...and overall a more human and less animalistic experience...well...I guess you are more the surrealist. I am more the John Keats of the two of us. You focus on the moment as it happens and suck the life out of it and make the moment everything, perhaps? I think John Keats had a constant realization of the imminent termination of the moment, and as such the beautiful, even as it was, became painful. Earthly beauty which you say is good enough for you, is not good enough for me, because everything of earth ends. I am not satisfied with finity; with the earth you say is big enough for you. So, feel free to be satisfied with it. I, however, refuse to be satisfied with dissatisfaction.

1 Comments:

Blogger Velvet said...

this seems to me to be..like i said, one-dimensional and somewhat animalistic, don't you think? if you are in any way thinking about the moment you are thinking about the immediate future too possibly? you're trying to establish a higher awareness for the next moment which is more sensitive to apprehension of the fullness of every second coming about? you're reminding yourself of thetimes you lived the moment well in the past and trying to recontruct this mode of existence or mentality? i'm just thinking outloud here and i wonder if it is really possible to fully live in the moment without drugs or something...but thats cool i'm glad you liked it...

Friday, June 17, 2005 12:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home