Sunday, September 11, 2005

Coming back to life

Wow! I just got out of Sunday Mass.
I remember it now!

During the Gloria I felt the slow rising inside myself and let myself raise my hands once again... I have not raised my hands during the Gloria in over 2 years and now I know, almost, who I am again...
you see...
I am not just my body...

I am my body-soul union... and to raise one's hands to God is to unite that spiritual reality of prayer ( defined by the cathechism as a raising of the heart and mind to God) and NOW-> to JOIN that reality with ones BODY... and raise also my hands... reflecting the groanings of the soul... and all elements of personhood have become more it seems.
love combines heart mind body soul all RAISED UP in union to The Infinite Love.

11 Comments:

Blogger Velvet said...

OOOOoopsie
did i just change my template again?

Sunday, September 11, 2005 5:40:00 PM  
Blogger Velvet said...

thanks for your criticism anon person!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday, September 11, 2005 5:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ordinary Girl,

You are welcome. I think that often people need to make mistakes to learn. I hope your mistakes are not too big though. Do not forget how important faith is and that doubt is the loss of faith.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger Velvet said...

do u mind if i ask if i know you anon. lol i think i know who you are

Monday, September 12, 2005 2:26:00 PM  
Blogger Velvet said...

oh- i must change my template to suit you then????--->> i like it.

Monday, September 12, 2005 2:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to guess I could tell you if you are right... but please guess in such a way so as to preserve my anonymity... if this presents a problem I can try to obtain some other way of allowing you to ascertain who I am, I suppose.

Monday, September 12, 2005 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Velvet said...

hmmmmmmmm... are you a christendom friend/acquantence?

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ordinary Girl,

Good job on preserving anonymity... but you don't know who this is because no.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Velvet said...

i diden't think u were from christendom, but i wanted to make sure- i was using process of elimination!!!!! lol i thought you were/are someone i know OTHER then a christendom friend, lol

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 2:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh ok... well... I was wrong then.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 3:40:00 PM  
Blogger Velvet said...

are you a lawyer by chance?

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 6:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home