Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Into the Water

If ever, in the history of existence, one woman has ever been engaged (ie, her full human person completely entering into and responsive and recieving) by one man, in a conversation, it was me last Friday. This is why Chris West changed my life. The way it felt to have him look at me was to be looked into in a real and unimagined way. This is the mystery of communion I experienced- and I now know what it must have felt like to be engaged by Christ...for this is what he also did. When our conversation was over...all I wanted to do was hug him so fiercely that every fiber in me held on with wonder and gratitude to make the spiritual reality more evident ... for seeing the full me and entering into that reality, in a non-physical way. But unfortunetely, there was a table between us and I willed it to dissolve away into the nothingness that it is. Pushing my right hand out a bit feebly I felt the inadequacy of a handshake. So did he. He took both of my hands inside his. "Sophia ... you know what that means, right?" "Yeah." "The-----world----needs-----your-wisdom. The----world---neeeds--us, me and you, to hear our message." "Yea." "Be not afraid of the trials. Remember---a-----woman's--------yes------can------change-----the ----whole----world. Give your fiat, Sophia." "Yeah." Then he placed his right hand on my head and prayed over me while still holding my hands in his other hand. My whole body seemed paralyzed in relief. Otherwise, I may have walked away with a mere handshake, and that would have killed me. As he prayed, I became deaf, like the underwater silence that comes when you jump into a pool and sink deeper and deeper, and this is what prayer is essentially, a deeper and deeper entrance into God....Amen....and the moment ended. But I still had the book which he had given me saying, "My gift to you," but the book wasen't the real gift.

2 Comments:

Blogger Velvet said...

peter? r u posting as

"little you-i" ????

hhhhmmm?

comon pedrito, thats not playing fair, silly boy! LOL...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 2:08:00 PM  
Blogger Velvet said...

LOL, its not "in-love" ... he's a theologian and public speaker...its more of a "caught up in/by him"

Friday, July 15, 2005 5:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home