Thursday, January 05, 2006

Funny...

I just realized, as I sit here at the front desk of the library, where I work, I must look pretty funny. 20-year-old blonde hair in preppy plaid pants with a punk belt and choppy hair, calmly and introspectively meditating on the following books:

Paths From Science Towards God
by Arthur Peacocke

Why I am Not a Christian
Essays of Bertrand Russell

A Briefer History of Time
by Stephen Hawking

The Hidden Face of God: How Science Reveals the Ultimate Truth
by Gerald Schroeder

Oh my goosh this is suuuch an I.O. ;)
Don't you think? Here, I'll show you...

"I think that both science and theology aim to depict reality, that they both do so in metaphorical language with the use of models, and that their metaphors and models are revisable within the context of the continuous communities which have generated them."

-Peacocke, Arthur

Ok, maybe its just me, but I thought it was cool. Today has been an I. O. day. Good night I'm getting back to reading now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home