Tuesday, January 17, 2006

IN-ter-ACT-ion

... something I used to think I could do without, but the more I try to live a grounded existence, the more I realize how inter-dependent and connected we are. Imagine how shallow and empy and lonely life would be without personal interaction. Even the simplest greeting say when you enter a store can re-vive and energize you.

If its a genuine reaching out of person to person there is some connection that happens, no matter how little you may know that person.


But the key here is genuine interaction. If its fake it will seemingly have the opposite reaction.

1 Comments:

Blogger Velvet said...

For example, I don't want some uber-friendly dork at the local grocery store insisting on saying "hi" to me or talking to me... regardless of how genuine his intentions of friendliness are.

This is where I completely disagree. I don't think it matters who that person is. If the intereaction is genuine you lose sight of his "dork-ness" and see his authentic human-ness and value recognition FOLLOWS/can follow upon that vision.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 4:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home