Monday, March 20, 2006

My Hands

Today at work I felt someone's eyes following me; not in a scary way at all. It felt interested, intrigued even. As I walked passed the table where he ate with a woman, I never made eyes contact but felt the vibe of his vision on me, probing into me. As I took his check and asked him how everything was, he seemed to spark up with light from his eyes. Putting the bills in the drawer and loking down, still feeling his eyes he said, "Are you a musician?" I laughed a little, now more then vaguely intrigued myself. "yeah... I sortof play piano... why?" "I'm a concert pianist. I thought you were either a pianist or that you played the harp." "Why? Is it my hands?" "No. You don't quite have the range I would look for... I have an eye for talent." His voice lowered, his eyes full contact with mine "... and you're good." With that he turned and exited the restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home