Thursday, November 03, 2005

Nine brothers and 16 sisters, but different mothers

I met one of my neighbors today. She lives 2 houses down on Pennsylvania ( my street). She was riding her bike (no hands!) passed where I stood outside having a cigarette. She looked straight at me and said "You look pretty." It was dusk and purple and pink clouds streaked the sky overhead.
"Me?"
"Yeah."
"Thank you! So do you" I said.
She got off her (pink) bike and left it spinning sideways on the curb. My front door was open and the light from the lamp glowed inviting orange against the gray night-encroaching sky.
"Thats my house." She peered inside.
"Wow... its pretty."
"Whats your name" I asked.
"Neysa. N-e-y-s-a"
"Thats really pretty."
"Whats yours?" she asked.
"Sophia"
She smiled and leaned forward, "Thats cute" (haha!)
"How old are you" (I was thinking 8 prolly9)
"8"
"Thats what i though- I was that old when i learned to ride a bike wihtout training wheels.
"I ain't never used no training wheels in my life."
I smiled,
"Me neither you wanna come inside?" she comes in,
You live here by yourself?"
"No, my roomates Jenny's just not home right now."
"Do you have a drink?" "Sure" I got her some coke. Her friends scream her name from down the street. "Yer dad wants you!" "OH guess you better go" She drinks her coke faster. "I'll see you later" I said. "ok.... how bout tomorrow?" "Ok" i smiled. "what time?" she asked. "uhhmm" "6? I'm out at six." "Ok, bye honey." damn she was cute!

1 Comments:

Blogger Velvet said...

i talk to kids allthe time and i felt like writing about it

aaaaaw lol hi holly!

Friday, November 04, 2005 5:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home