Saturday, October 22, 2005

the Caf.

[As Holly and I remark to eachother practically every time we go to dinner]


there's just something about a cafeteria that makes one despise the human race... . ..... .. . .


?

maybe this will help cure the non-philosophers with love for life... ... . .
a poem by audre lorde
"now that i am forever with child"



how the days went
while you were blooming within me
i remember each upon each
the swelling changed planes of my body
and how you first fluttered, then jumped
and i thought it was my heart


how the days wound down
and the turning of winter
i recall, with you growing heavy
against the wind. i thought
now her hands
are formed, and her hair
has started to curl
now her teeth are done
now she sneezes.
then the seed opened.
i bore you one morning just before spring
my head rang like a fiery piston
my legs were towers between which
a new world was passing




from then
i can only distinguish
one thread between running hours
you flowing through selves
toward you